Kohn Rath Danon Lynch & Scharf has long had a state-wide reputation for its expertise in real estate law. We represent buyers, sellers, and mortgagors of real estate, both residential and commercial. We deal with:
- Title examination and certification.
- Issuance of title insurance. We are authorized agents for Vermont Attorneys Title Corporation (CATIC), and are approved attorneys for Lawyers Title Insurance Company, First American Title Insurance Company and Stewart Title.
- Financing, including complex financing arrangements.
- Land use controversies, including zoning variances, subdivision approvals, conditional use permits, and other proceedings before municipal land use regulatory boards throughout the state.
- Act 250 proceedings, in which we have represented applicants, developers, intervenors, and opponents in a number of highly contested matters.
- Litigation, including litigation before the Vermont Environmental Court, in which we have prevailed in a number of complex and highly contested land use proceedings.
- Boundary disputes and the location of easements, including litigation regarding such disputes.
- All other issues related to conveyancing and real estate law.
Our lawyers are active in the real estate law community. Roger Kohn has been handling real estate matters in Vermont for forty years. In addition, Roger served on the Hinesburg Planning Commission for over twenty-five years, an experience which has given him a comprehensive, experience-based understanding of the sometimes confusing local permitting process.
David Rath has been handling real estate matters for over thirty-five years, including representing governmental and nonprofit agencies in land acquisition and land conservation efforts. David for many years represented a local bank in reviewing of complicated commercial real estate transactions, and continues to handle such complicated transactions. David has also been a member of local boards, serving on the Monkton Planning Commission and the Monkton Zoning Board of Adjustment for many years.
Robert Scharf has handled real estate transactions for a number of years, and has represented an number of homeowners’ associations and planned communities in their governance as well as in extensive litigation.
David Lynch and Beth Danon also have extensive experience in working with all types or real estate and land use issues.
In addition, members of the firm have served on Vermont Bar Association committees addressing real estate and title issues, and have developed standards for our financial institution clients for certification of marketability of title.
Kohn Rath Danon Lynch & Scharf, LLP is fortunate to have an excellent support staff which is experienced in dealing with real estate matters. Michelle Chandler, our paralegal involved with real estate closings, has been handling closings for over thirty years. Our legal assistants and paralegals are skilled in working with our attorneys in preparing real estate documents of all types.